Central University Common Entrance Test (CUCET)
CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by the ten central universities jointly. It is a combined entrance test organized for providing admission into various UG, PG & other courses offered by the central universities across the country. The last date to submit CUCET 2018 Application Form will close on March 25. This year, CUCET 2018 is scheduled to be held on April 28 – 29, 2018 .
CUCET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
There are a total of 10 universities participating under CUCET 2018. Each university has different criteria of eligibility for candidates.
There are mainly three types of courses offered by CUCET 2018. Candidates can apply for UG, integrated, PG, and research programs. It is advisable that students to go through the specific CUCET Eligibility Criteria of each university individually for their respective course before applying for CUCET 2018.
|UG||50% in 12th||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology||General|
|45% in 12th||SC/ST|
|PG||55% in UG||Bachelor’s in the same field Or any associated field of the course in which you wish to take Masters||General|
|50% in UG||SC/ST|
CUCET 2018 Eligibility for PhD Program
- If one has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other National level Exams then you need not appear for the entrance test but will have to register for CUCET 2018.
- A master’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% for general candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates is required.
Courses Offered Through CUCET
- Students can take CUCET 2018 exam for admission to different courses offered by the 10 participating universities.
- Courses offered under CUCET 2018 include Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, Diploma, and Ph.D programs.
- Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUCET 2018 exam.
Total number of courses offered by CUCET 2018
|Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUCET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus for different undergraduate, postgraduate and integrated courses is compiled below for the reference of candidates. Download CUCET 2018 Syllabus for different courses in PDF format from the links provided below:
Syllabus for Undergraduate Programs
|Syllabus for UG and Integrated Programs|
Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. (Mathematics)
Integrated Science B.Sc.M.Sc.
Integrated B.A.LLB. (Hons)
Syllabus for PG and Integrated Programs
|Syllabus for PG|
|B. Ed.||Click Here|
|Master of Law (L.L.M)||Click Here|
English and comparative Literature
|Linguistics and Language Technology|
Hindi and Comparative Literature
|Classical Tamil||Click Here|
History and Archaeology
|Performing Arts (Vocal Music)||Click Here|
|Performing Arts (Theatre Arts)||Click Here|
|Tribal & Customary Law||Click Here|
|Folkloristic and Tribal Studies|
M. A. (Folkloristics)
|Applied Geography & Geoinformatics|
Applied Geology & Geoinformatics
|Indigenous Culture Studies||Click Here|
|M. Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)||Click Here|
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Biotechnology
Life Sciences (specialization in Animal Sciences) Life Sciences (specialization in Biochemistry)
Life Sciences (specialization in Bioinformatics) Life Sciences (specialization in Human Genetics) Life Sciences (specialization in Microbial Sciences) Life Sciences (specialization in Molecular Medicine)
Life Sciences (specialization in Plant Sciences) Microbiology
|Pharmaceutical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry) Pharmaceutical Sciences (Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry)|
|Chemical Sciences (Medicinal Chemistry ) Chemistry (Computational Chemistry)|
Computer Science (Big Data Analytics)
Master of Computer Applications (3 Yrs)
MA/MSc Applied Mathematics
Physics (Computational Physics)
|Computer Science (Cyber-Physical Systems) Information Technology|
Computer Science and Technology
Computer Science and Technology (Cyber Security)
|Materials Science||Click Here|
|Material Sciences & Tech.||Click Here|
|Food Science and Technology||Click Here|
|Water Engineering and Management||Click Here|
|Energy Engineering||Click Here|
|Environmental Science and Technology Environmental Science||Click Here|
|Atmospheric Science||Click Here|
|Epidemiology and Public Health||Click Here|
|Yoga Therapy||Click Here|
MBA (Supply Chain Management)
MBA (Human Resource Management)
MBA (Tourism and Travel Management)
MBA (Textile Apparel and Retail Management) Master of Tourism & Travel Management
|Human Rights & Conflict Management||Click Here|
|M. Lib. & Information Science||Click Here|
|Master of Journalism and Mass Communication Convergent Journalism|
Culture and Media Studies
Mass Communication and New Media
Communication and Media Studies
Mass Communication and Journalism
|National Security Studies||Click Here|
|International Relations and Political Science Political Science and International Relations Political Science|
|Public Policy and Public Administration|
Public Admin & Policy Studies
Public Policy, Law and Governance
|Comparative Religion||Click Here|
|Public Health||Click Here|
|Hotel Management & Catering Tech.||Click Here|
Applied Qualitative Finance
|Guidance & Counselling||Click Here|
|Chemical Lab Technician||Click Here|
|Digital Society||Click Here|
|Ph.D. – Architecture||Click Here|
CUCET EXAM PATTERN
The CUCET Exam Pattern details are mentioned here:
- Type of Question: There will be Multiple Choice Questions will be asked in the examination.
- Parts: The exam will be conducted in two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part-A: This section contains topics from English language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
- Part-B: This part has been divided into three sections and consists of total 75 MCQs from the domain knowledge.
- Duration: The exam duration will be 2 hours.
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized through offline mode.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Pattern: The exam will be conducted in OMR pattern.
CUCET Exam Dates
Here we have mentioned the official dates of CUCET 2018 examination:
|Online Application Starts||February 19, 2018||CUCET Application ends on March 26, 2018|
|Issue date of Admit Card||April 13, 2018||Download Admit Card from cucetexam.in|
|Exam Dates||April 28 – 29, 2018||Over 1.3 lakhs students will take CUCET in April|
|Answer Key Upload||April 30, 2018||Complaint against Answer key till May 4, 2018|
|Result Declaration||May 25, 2018||Check CUCET Result online at cucetexam.in|
CUCET Application Form
- Candidates can avail the CUCET 2018 Application Form only via online mode through the website.
- The last date to fill & submit the application will be March 26, 2018.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the application such as personal, academic, communication & many others.
- Upload the scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Fee can be paid by debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI bank any branch.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- The PwD candidates are exempted from application fee.
- The application for other categories is mentioned here:
|Category||Online Fee Payment Through Credit Card/Debit Card||Online Fee Payment Through E-Challan|
|General/OBC||INR 800 + 50 (Bank Commission)||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 400 + 50 (Bank Commission)||INR 450|
Note:All PWD candidates are exempted from CUCET 2018 fees as per GOI Order F. No. 16-110/2003-DD.III dated February 26, 2013.