Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET)
JUET is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to Post Graduate Degree (PG), PG Diploma and Under Graduate Programs offered by Jammu University, Jammu. Jammu University conducts JUET entrance test annually. JUET 2018 is expected to be held in 3rd week of June 2018. Selection in PG, PG Diploma and UG Programs offered by JAMMU University will be based on 2 parameters i.e. Merit in qualifying exam and JUET entrance test. 75% weightage is given to Qualifying Exam and 25% to JUET.
JUET is an offline Pen Paper based entrance examination. Duration of JUET is 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) and test paper consists of 150 objective type questions divided in to 4 sections i.e.
- General English
- General Knowledge
- Numerical Ability
First 3 sections have 40 questions each and last section Numerical Ability has 30 questions. Each question carries 1 mark for right answer and (-) 0.25 mark for wrong answer as per Negative Marking Scheme.
JUET Exam Dates
Application Form for JUET 2018 is expected to be available from mid May 2018 and probable last date for submission of application form will be last week of May 2018 and after last of submitting application form, 3 more days will be given for submitting application form with late fee. JUET 2018 Admit card will be available from 2nd week of June till end of 3rdweek of June. JUET 2018 is expected to be held in 3rd week of June 2018. Result for JUET 2018 is expected to be declared by the end of June 2018
|JUET 2018 Application Form Availability||Mid May 2018|
|Last date of Submission of Application Form||Last week of May 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of June 2108|
|JUET 2018 Exam||3rd week of June 2018|
|Publication of JUET Answer Key||Next day of Exam|
|Last date of submitting objections / complaint against any answer in JUET 2018 Answer Key||Within 3 days after publication|
|Declaration of Result for JUET 2018||End of June 2018|
Eligibility for JUET 2018 differs widely as per the program of study under Jammu University. Detailed information on eligibility program wise can be retrieved from the official website of JUET i.e. www.juet.in. Eligibility in brief is being mentioned as under:
- Under Graduate Program:
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 with minimum qualifying marks ranging from 45% to 50% (depends on the program applying for)
- For SC / ST candidates minimum qualifying marks are from 40% to 45% (depends on the program applying for)
- Post Graduate Program
- Candidate must have passed Graduation Degree Program with minimum qualifying marks ranging from 50% to 55% (depends on the program applying for)
- For SC / ST candidates minimum qualifying marks are from 45% to 50% (depends on the program applying for)
- Post Graduate Diploma Program
- Post Graduate Program
- Candidate must have passed Graduation Degree Program with minimum qualifying marks ranging from 45% to 55% (depends on the program applying for)
- For SC / ST candidates minimum qualifying marks are from 40% to 50% (depends on the program applying for)
- No Age Limit is applied for JUET 2018
JUET is to be conducted at 11 exam centers out of which 9 exam centers are in Jaamu & Kashmir State itself and 2 exam center are out of State as is mentioned below:
Syllabus for JUET 2018 consists 4 sections and each section has weightage on the basis of marks. Equal marks are allotted to each question. Standard of contents of syllabus will be as per the status of candidates. Status of candidates is classified as UG and PG and Standard of syllabus is divided on the basis of UG and PG level. For UG Program candidates, standard will as the standard of Class 10th & 12th and for PG Program candidate, syllabus standard will be according to Graduation Level. Standard of Numerical Ability Section will be the same for UG and PG.
Syllabus for JUET 2018 entrance exam as is as displayed by Jammu University as follows:
Pattern of Questions Paper and Standard of Questions in JUET 2018
Basic components for Syllabus of JUET 2018 for UG & PG programs:
|Sections||Max. Questions & (Marks)||PG Program||UG Program|
|General English||40 Questions (40)||Graduation Standard||Class 12th Standard|
|General Knowledge||40 Questions (40)||Graduation Standard||Class 12th Standard|
|Reasoning||40 Questions (40)||Graduation Standard||Class 12th Standard|
|Numerical Ability||30 Questions (30)||Class 10th Standard||Class 10th Standard|
Contents of Topics Section-wise
Section A: General English- (40 Questions)
To evaluate the skill of the candidate on written English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation and the like.
- Comprehension of passage
- Verbal Reasoning, Syllogisms, Antonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled paragraphs with 4 or 5 sentences
- Sentence Correction, Sentence completion, Sentence Correction, odd man out, idioms, one word substitution, Different usage of same word etc.
Section B: General Knowledge (40 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on General knowledge, current affairs and Business Affairs
- Current Affairs, Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Major corporate events
- Famous award and prizes
- Science, History, Geography, International organizations
- Social issues, Sports, Finance, Automobiles, Entertainment, Politics etc.
Section C: Reasoning (40 Questions)
To evaluate the candidate’s skill on Logical reasoning
- Critical reasoning, Visual reasoning, Assumption – Premise – Conclusion, Assertion and reasons, Statements and assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying Strong arguments and Weak arguments, Statements and Conclusions, Cause and Effect, Identifying Probably true, Probably false, definitely true, definitely false kind of statement, Linear arrangements, Matrix arrangements.
- Puzzles, Syllogisms, Functions, Family tree – identifying relationship among group of people, Symbol Based problems, Coding and decoding, Sequencing, identifying next number in series, etc.
Section D: Numerical Ability (30 Questions)
To evaluate the skill on solving mathematical problems of graduate level including those learnt in plus two or equivalent level.
- Ratios and Proportion, Ratios, Percentages, In – equations, Algebra and Profit & Loss
- Averages, Percentages, Partnership & Time – Speed – Distance, Work and time
- Probability, Permutations & Combinations